Day 8: Ask For Guidance
Journal Prompts and My Responses
Whose voice do you love the sound of? Why? How does it affect you?
- I love the sound of Alex’s voice. I guess this is because he is my son and one of my best friends. His voice makes me feel trusted and gives validation to my life.
- Jeff has a voice that instantly catches my attention. Mostly his voice makes me smile… it brings me joy to talk with him.
- Barbara Streisand’s voice is so beautiful. She is my favorite female vocalist. Her voice allows me to believe all things are possible.
- Robey’s voice is husky and I love to hear him talk. Listening to him makes me feel sexy and happy.
- I love Mick’s voice. I could listen to that man sing all day. Something about it makes me want to just tune in forever.
Write down a secret you’ve kept a long time. How does it feel to finally spill it out?
One year before we went on vacation I accidentally spilled a drink in my bed. When I returned home, I blamed it on someone coming into my room while we were gone away. I was so afraid of my mother at the time that I could not admit I had done something she had yelled at me about before. I forgot about this for years, but when it came to me, I was sorry that I had lied. I am not going to tell mother even now. I do not need her scolding at this late date. It feels good to write it down though.
Moodlings… On The Simple Abundance Companion
- A plan of escape is an imaginary mechanism to let off steam from life’s pressure cooker. I can “run away” without actually doing it by:
- Closing the door to my room and tuning in to some of my music
- Going out to the mall on my own
- Reading a great book
- Painting a picture
- Going off for a weekend alone at a nice hotel
- Getting in my car and driving without a destination
- Taking a walk outdoors
Five things for which I am grateful today:
- The music I am playing right now
- I like my new CD player
- I slept well last night
- I rearranged some of my nice ink pens today
- The music of Secret Garden is very beautiful
I went to bed at 3:30AM and woke up when the alarm went off at 10:00. I have managed to already have two arguments with my mother and the day is just beginning. I refuse to let the bickering get me down. It looks like another nice day outside.
I may go out later to do some things with Mom. I think she would like to go to town. I am not sure yet about that though. I have to get a shower soon and make my bed so the room looks better. Things went well with Alex’s grandfather so he gets to stay with them until tomorrow. I was looking forward to his coming back today, but it is okay anyway. Tomorrow should be fun when he gets home.
Mom really wants me to paint some today so I may do that in between being on here.
I should try to get a few things done now. I will let you go and get back later.