This is an exercise from Page after Page by Heather Sellers. I am to make a list of twenty five fears I have about writing. They may not all be rational, but here is my list:
1. I don’t have anything important to say.
2. I don’t have a college degree.
3. I might say something embarrassing.
4. My grammar isn’t great.
5. I might make a mistake.
6. Someone might dislike my writing.
7. I have a disability.
8. I might use the wrong words.
9. I am not good at writing.
10. I am scared to tell my truth because someone might hate me for it.
11. I don’t have enough time to make all the writing perfect.
12. I will never finish anything.
13. It is too hard to write.
14. My life isn’t interesting enough.
15. I have not accomplished enough in my life.
16. I constantly edit myself.
17. I am really a reader, not a writer.
18. My ideas are too original.
19. My ideas aren’t original enough.
20. I don’t always make sense.
21. If I succeed I might not be presentable in public because I am not beautiful.
22. I should participate in more writer’s groups.
23. I am not a good enough person to be a writer.
24. No one wants to read my drivel.
25. I don’t have enough talent.