Archive for June, 2011
I am thankful:
1. Mom was able to go to town with me today.
2. We completed out shopping without any problems.
3. My book, Poetry Writing by Fiona Sampson arrived in the mail from Borders.com.
4. I bought a pretty journal at Wal-Mart and a leather bound blank book at Sam’s Club. Both were inexpensive.
5. I was able to order a new insurance card for Mom when I called to pay my premium with AARP.
6. I unloaded the truck after our trip to town in two stages so I did not overheat. It was 103 degrees today.
7. The books that were mutilated in shipping look as if sitting heavy volumes on them is going to straighten out the covers and pages. Maybe I will not have to return them after all.
8. We ate lunch at Wendy’s and Mom paid for my meal.
9. I have plenty of books and e-Books to read.
10. Jeremy is going to send someone to check out our air conditioner because it is not keeping the house cooled to the temperature set on the thermostat.
I am thankful:
!. Air conditioning keeps the house livable in the scorching heat.
2. Two of the books I had ordered from Borders.com arrived. I am not sure I am keeping them because they were mutilated in shipping, but at least they finally came. I am a stickler for perfect books.
3. We are staying home today.
4. I am cooking sirloin steaks with broccoli rice au gratin and sweet peas with pearl onions and mushrooms for supper. We will have lemon meringue pie for dessert.
5. I remembered to remove my bookmarks when I had to return some books that were on hold at the library.
6. Penny felt feisty enough to bark at Ko-Ko earlier today. Penny is a thirteen year old Shih Tzu and Ko-Ko is an irritating two year old of the same breed.
7. There have been no thunderstorms for a week or more. However, I wish God would see fit to send us some good soaking rains. The plants are suffering.
8. I have decided to put off purchasing a new computer for some time. I may attempt upgrading this laptop to Windows 7, since I have the disk and everything.
9. I am not in quite so black a mood.
10. Writing out thankful lists seems to make me feel somewhat better.
Another list to help me look at the brighter side of things and possibly leave my negativity behind. Yesterday was a little better after writing out some things for which I was thankful.
I am thankful:
1. Alex and Laura are gone for a few days.
2. I found some interesting books at the library yesterday.
3. We do not have any appointments scheduled for the rest of the week.
4. I have my BlackBerry to keep me connected on the go.
5. Alex trimmed some of the bushes.
6. Alex patched the roof on the barn.
7. The pen I bought at Michael’s after Easter writes very well.
8. Yesterday I bought a nice journal at Wal-Mart and another at Sam’s Club.
9. Jenna came and got her graduation presents. She appreciated what we gave her.
10. I will have some money when Friday comes.