My poem for today:
Weeks go by with no word,
But I know he is there
On his side of the world
Doing his best without complaint.
We are connected despite
The distance separating us.
The internet gives a way
To share our little triumphs.
He says he is almost twenty four,
He has a wife, and things are
Different now, but I am still
His mother, loving him completely.
He is busy, tired, overworked,
I am available, willing, ready,
Whenever he can make the time
For us to share communication.
A few moments of messaging
With him multi-tasking makes
My day worthwhile because
More than anything, I love him.
Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Alex hanging off caboose several years ago…
Alex and Laura on their wedding day, July 2, 2011.
I am grateful:
1. Alex and I instant messaged and I found out he is doing well.
2. We have some meals that are quickly prepared.
3. The April PAD Challenge gave me a prompt for my poem.
4. Alex is in college again.
5. I am finishing this post earlier than usual.
I hope you have had a relaxing Sunday. Join me in doing something creative today.