I did not want to expound on my day, so I instead played with words:
The prompt for today’s poem came from Carry On Tuesday. You might like to visit the site and try your hand at creating a poem of your own.
The Long and Winding Road…
Life is a journey
That runs from birth to the grave,
Along the way we learn
Many lessons that carry
Us toward our completion.
At times our road leads
Us in winding directions,
Back and forth along
The path we choose to follow
With companions on our way.
We long to finish
All the tasks we are given
With our best effort,
That we have developed strong.
Come into our lives, but we
Keep our spirits high
By continuing forward
And accomplishing our goals.
Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Wisteria reaching out to pine tree…
Wisteria climbing pine tree…
The damage wind did…
The novel I am currently reading, along with others…
I am grateful:
1. I can have Oreo cookies for breakfast.
2. Penny’s prescription was written and ready.
3. Even though the doctor was not in and the office had our phone number wrong, our trip was not wasted because the nurse drew Mom’s blood.
4. I mailed a small package to one of my friends.
5. We had Subway sandwiches for supper.
I hope your Tuesday has been pleasant. Try your hand at something creative before the day is over.
Leave me a comment if you have the time.