Today’s poem is prompted by The Monday Melting on Rosemary Mint. The words from the prompt are in italics.
A Piece Of Work
I am feminine,
But also a warrior
With a great hunger
To accomplish much through work
Not only by simple chance.
I may dress in tulle
And paint my bright eyes with kohl,
Is an iconic feature
Of my personality.
I write by edict
Of my own eponymous
Lines these many poems
That fall like dew from my mind
And flow forth in thick gel ink.
A flick of my wrist
Affixes my signature
With a grand flourish
To each of my endeavors
Which may finally be read.
Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, June 4, 2012
One among many…
I am grateful:
1. The power came back on after only about an hour.
2. Mom rode to town with me.
3. I have a little money left for the month.
4. The pizza was very good at supper.
5. I did not have to go to the hospital though it appears I had anaphylactic shock due to Hope’s new flea and tick collar.
I hope your Monday was a good day. If you feel up to it, do something creative before the day is over.
I would much appreciate your comments.