The poem below is in answer to today’s prompt at The Sunday Whirl. The words from that site are in italics. I hope you will visit there if you need a creativity boost.
There must have been nine
Angels dressed in pearly white
Or some large number
Watching over me last night,
Because evidence is clear.
I could not refresh
Myself in peaceful sleep, but
Had my heart laid bare,
My mind was so gassed up with
Caffeine it was in high gear.
Somehow a smooth shift
In perception did occur,
And in the final
Hours before the breaking dawn
I chose to ready myself.
Well before nine this morning,
But I was at church
School without any complaint.
God had His hand guiding me
Throughout the final
Hours of the swift passing night
So I would refresh my soul.
Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, September 2, 2012
Sculpture in the foyer of Central Baptist Church. I purposely enlarged it so maybe you can see the detail. I think it is gorgeous and so poetic.
A backdrop where the youth meet…
A mural on the wall in the youth assembly…
I am grateful:
1. I took a shower during the night and got dressed in anticipation of going to church.
2. I left in time to get a good parking place.
3. I visited with some of the church family I had not seen in some time.
4. I was able to participate in the Sunday School Class discussion.
5. I bought enough drinks for a while at Wal-Mart.
6. I hand washed some clothes Mom had messed up before putting them in the washer.
7. I got home in time to fix Mom’s lunch.
8. Even though my mind was boggled by the wordle, I came up with a poem.
9. My shoulder is not hurting too bad.
10. I got some pictures at church.
I hope your Sunday has been glorious. I have enjoyed mine immensely, though I am a bit exhausted. I hope you will make time to exercise your creativity. I know it is not always easy, but the effort is worthwhile. You just have to make use of the opportunity to the best of your ability.
For a prompt, write about something unexpected or unplanned that you have done recently. I know our lives are busy and structured, but surely you can think of an event. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.
I am so glad you chose to visit my blog. I hope you enjoyed your stay and will return often. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, I would appreciate your leaving a comment.