Excuse me while I vent:
The following poem answers the prompt at Poetic Asides. The words in italics were given in the wordle there. You will notice my mood continues. If you need inspiration visit Brenda’s site and perhaps you can make your own masterpiece.
Not Backing Down
I am so sorry
That they think I have done wrong,
I am not a pawn
They can bust because of pride
There is too much fire inside.
I am not afraid
To tell them to their faces,
Not being silent
They will find unless life knocks
Me out, I will do my best.
The beauty of it
Is I only belong to
Design the pages
To publicize the club, not
To feed enormous egos.
Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, November 18, 2012
The page I worked so hard to make…
I am grateful:
1. I am still able to stay up all night when I need to do so.
2. Mom watched me work and gave valuable input.
3. Richard and Norma are supportive, even if there is dissent from others.
4. I had salad as a snack and enjoyed it.
5. I am able to do as I please here on my blog.
6. I finished the page and got it sent to the Chapel Hill News & Views, so I will not have to work on it during Thanksgiving.
I accomplished a lot in the last twenty-four hours. I hope you have enjoyed your Sunday. Take time to use your creativity now. There is so much you have to offer the world. Do not let anyone tell you your efforts are lacking. Anything your imagination designs enriches civilization.
As a prompt, vent about something that gets on your last nerve. You can do as I did and write a journal entry and/or poem, or you might write an entrancing story. Just let your words flow unfettered. A link to your work in the comments would be appreciated if you use this prompt.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please forgive me for letting loose with my venting. Usually my posts are not filled with such vitriolic outbursts. Let me know what you think in the comments. If you are not too disappointed, you might want to follow Chronicles.