Archive for category Food and drink
Journal entry and poem:
Decorative sign at Zaxby’s…
Malibu in parking lot…
Close up of pansies…
Another close up of pansies…
I am grateful:
1. Mom’s bone density test went well.
2. Lunch at Zaxby’s was delicious.
3. Mom liked the cup I bought her and it was a surprise even though she was with me.
4. The cleaning did not hurt much.
5. I only had two cavities.
I hope your Wednesday went well. Take a few moments to do something creative.
I am grateful:
1. My best friend, Reba, called me this morning and we talked a while.
2. Reba bought a camper and will be able to enjoy it with her husband, Rob.
3. The storms last night did not cause any damage.
4. Hope and I walked a mile.
5. Mom enjoyed the supper I cooked.
I hope each of you had a fine Thursday and accomplished something creative during your day.
My journal entry:
The National Historic Site near my psychiatrist’s office.
Fig trees at dusk.
Camellia and bud.
I am so glad this day went well. There were a few idiots out driving, but I am always prepared for their exploits. We had an awesome lunch at Hudson’s Hickory House. I woke up craving barbecue, so we went there. Mom recommended that I get a coleslaw to go with my pork plate, and it made the meal even better.
I hope your Friday was pleasant, and wish you a peaceful weekend full of creative energy.
I am hoping to accomplish something creative every day forward for the year. Much of this will entail writing, but there will be some artwork, photography, crafts, and whatever else I come up with.
For today I took a picture of the books I am reading daily:
The two at the bottom I am reading aloud with my Mom as a Bible study. Our church is doing Read The Bible For Life this year, and although I do not attend, we are participating in the study. The other five I chose to read this year for personal edification.
The following is a scan of the hand written journal entry I made this evening:
I mentioned my new Invicta watch and I guess I should show you what it looks like:
I chatted with Alex a bit today and learned he is enjoying Hawaii. He has begun writing again, which I think is marvelous because Alex is very talented.
I am running out of time so this will be my creation for today. Stay tuned for more as the days go by.
1. I love my steak medium rare.
2. I could spend unlimited amounts of money on books and eBooks.
3. I treat my puppy dog, Hope, as if she is my second child.
4. I am a very good editor and once published a magazine.
5. I love electronic gadgets: computers, iPods, BlackBerry cellphones, Nikon digital cameras, digital video cameras, and my Kindle.
6. I collect so many things my room is overly cluttered.
7. I love my son, Alex, so much that it is often overwhelming.
8. I don’t believe in buying songs from iTunes, but always buy my music on CD.
9. I am a perfectionist, not a good thing at all, as it keeps me from trying things at times.
10. I am very loyal, trusting, and love my friends and family very deeply.
11. I have a slow temper, but once I am angry I can hold a grudge for a long time.
12. I sometimes have a very dirty mouth, usually when angry.
13. I hate to cook, but am quite good at it.
14. My favorite color is red.
15. The Rolling Stones are my favorite Rock stars and I have seen them in concert twice.
16. I watch very little television and find it very irritating.
17. I am a Christian, but have moderate attitudes.
18. I have never flown on an airplane.
19. I am very good at entertaining myself and almost never become bored.
20. I take care of my 81 year old mother who has Parkinson’s Disease and other maladies.
21. I believe all people have unlimited creativity and special talents.
22. I love art and can draw and paint a bit.
23. I almost always wear Nikes.
24. I have had the same email address over ten years.
25. Some people say I am a talented writer, but I have not written creatively in a while.
Congratulations! You’re 109 proof, with specific scores in beer (60) , wine (66), and liquor (95). Screw all that namby-pamby chick stuff, you’re going straight for the bottle and a shot glass! It’ll take more than a few shots of Wild Turkey or 99 Bananas before you start seeing pink elephants. You know how to handle your alcohol, and yourself at parties.
My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 44% on proof
You scored higher than 90% on beer index
You scored higher than 93% on wine index
You scored higher than 93% on liquor index
I found out I am A Life Blogger
My blog is the story of my life – a living diary.
If it happens, I blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.
I seriously am getting fed up with MSN’s antics. I have been trying to repost this entry for over an EIGhT hours because it showed up wrong and the Space is unavailable. Is anybody else having MSN problems?
I hate this!
On a good note my portfolio continues to grow on BlogShares. I am quite pleased.
I am reading through everyone’s blogs. At least I can still see them. Good stuff out there today.