Posts Tagged Christmas
I am thankful:
1. I had a wonderful Christmas here at home with Mom.
2. I took my BlackBerry Curve 8330 back to Sam’s Club because I was having many problems with it. Mom instead bought me the BlackBerry Curve 8530 from Best Buy. It is working much better for me. I do not worry about it all the time like I was doing with the other one.
3. I got my Kindle for Christmas. I did not think I would like an e-reader a lot, but I absolutely love my Kindle. I am discovering and re-discovering many classics since I have the Kindle.
4. Mom gave me $50.00 in a Kindle Store gift card and my niece, Leigh, gave me $25.00 in an Amazon gift card, so I have been able to buy content for my Kindle that is modern.
5. Mom gave me $150.00 in Borders gift cards and my sister-in-law, Linda, gave $30.00 so I have been able to buy some excellent books. Especially love my Oxford American English Dictionary which I have been wanting for years. I bought some writing books as well, and a Borders Rewards Plus membership which will save me money all year. I still have around $32.00 to spend, so I may buy some eBooks to read on the computer, or more books from the store.
6. Alex sent me a teddy bear outfitted in Marine Corps fatigues with Mountz embroidered on the pocket just like his real uniforms.
7. I am keeping a detailed calendar of what I do each day on my BlackBerry which transfers to Google calendar. This helps me budget my time more wisely.
8. I read 130 books in 2010. Most of them were very enjoyable and I learned a lot through my reading. My goal for 2011 is the same as last year: 120 or more books. However, I hope to write more during 2011 so that may effect how many books I can read. Writing is very time consuming.
9. I went out to lunch with one of my friends from my old Sunday School class yesterday. It was very good re-connecting with her. I enjoyed our conversation a great deal.
10. I experienced a very blessed year in 2010 and am looking forward to a wonderful year in 2011. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by so much love. For all the drawbacks I face in life I am still a very happy person. Much good fills my days.
I am thankful:
1. Mom bought me a BlackBerry as an early Christmas present and is paying for six months of Boost Mobile service.
2. I found new collars and leashes for Hope that are very pretty and were extremely reasonably priced.
3. After being extremely upset, Mom has settled down and is being human again.
4. I entered over 100 contacts into my BlackBerry and called several people I had not spoken to in ages. It was nice hearing their voices.
5. I bought several wonderful books at Sam’s Club and Borders.
6. Laura, Alex’s fiancée, asked me to do the writing inside their wedding invitations.
7. We have heat to keep us warm as days grow cold.
8. Hope, my puppy dog, is adorable, sweet, and lovable.
9. So far, Mom and I have not been physically sick this season.
10. We are staying home for Christmas.
11. I am blessed beyond all measure by the Lord who loves me and cares for my every need.
12. My son, Alex, has grown into a wonderful young man who exceeds my expectations with his sterling character.
13. I have read so many great books this year. 122 and counting.
14. I cooked for Thanksgiving Day and Mom said it was delicious.
15. I am content with my life, though it is not glamorous or exciting.